I developed some head trackers for audio-only VR applications. They are patent pending and are now in early-stage production.
- 3 degrees of freedom with precision better than one degree. (6 degrees of freedom mode is being researched, but I’m not promising it.)
- Choice of 10ms or 20ms sensor readout rate.
- USB MIDI class compliant, and can also be used with a UART for embedded applications.
- Output as quaternions, Tait-Bryan angles (yaw-pitch-roll), or a transformation matrix.
- Two buttons for hardware orientation resetting and configuration; this can also be done remotely.
Resources for people on the alpha programme
Supperware Firmware Tool
This app connects to your head tracker, tells you the version of firmware it is currently running, and allows you to upgrade. Download the appropriate one for your system.
Supperware Firmware Tool will ask for a .bin file. Voilà. Get the appropriate version for your hardware or you won’t be able to upgrade.
- image-0.13-v3.bin (2020-03-22) for v3 head trackers (flex-rigid PCBs)
- image-0.12-v2.bin (2020-03-22) for v2 head trackers (fixed to a steel headband). Note: 0.13-v2 temporarily withdrawn while I investigate compatibility issues.