Skip to content
- fixed travel mode bug (starting in the wrong state).
- fixed compatibility issues when upgrading over previous versions (magnetometer incorrectly switched on).
- button protocol changed.
- probably the last major feature upgrade to the version 2 head tracker.
- added working travel (fast, slow) and 6DOF (data-driven, neck, and spine) modes.
- fully compatible with what will become version 3 hardware, including its two buttons.
- supports MIDI Device Inquiry, for simple remote hardware/firmware version detection.
- improved accuracy of zeroing, and initial zeroing has been properly instated.
- experimental data-driven 6DOF code exists, but is currently unusable.
- trigonometry now has better interpolation.
- interrupt pins are pulled down properly, simplifying the diagnosis of unreliable sensors.
- breaking change: moved from Q3.10 arithmetic to Q2.11, adding a bit of precision.
- new extended protocol, which should not constitute other breaking changes.
- added experimental quaternion and orthogonal modes.
- button MIDI and magnetometer on/off settings are now saveable.
- magnetometer calibration mode runs on the head tracker.
- added a read-back function for saveable parameters, which replaces the message that provided remote control of magnetometer calibration.
- many smaller dynamic improvements to head tracker performance.
- experimental build of a work-in-progress.
- completely rewritten processing pipeline: fixes wander caused by complex head movements.
- new magnetometer calibration required.
- a few known issues to be fixed and features to be documented.
- suppresses the first two samples of data from each sensor, as it’s always bad data.
- upped gyroscope activity threshold to attempt to fix drift seen in unit 03W.
- output is now in the range 0..2π for yaw, pitch, and roll.
- tightened up filters to improve responsiveness.
- changed internal calculation of pitch and roll orientation.
- further magnetometer performance improvements.
- vestiges of 6DOF pipeline used to tighten up accelerometer data.
- improved the magnetometer and gyroscope logic by making angular compensation work a little better.
- improved handling of magnetometer on/off toggling.
- bug fix: gyroscope drift correction (it now works in both directions).
- bug fix: Holds off sending output and zeros head tracker first, to prevent erratic behaviour.
Supperware Firmware Tool